Happy Easter from all of us at Wuensch Construction.
Fresh out of high school, Jeff Wuensch literally started building for the future, learning to be a carpenter journeyman specializing in custom home remodeling and new home building. As the owner of Wuensch Construction, Inc., 90 Brentwood Avenue in Excelsior, he has been keeping up with the latest trends in remodeling and home building ever since.
A student of the trade, Wuensch has more than 30 years of experience in a wide variety of renovation projects from commercial build-out, bathroom and kitchen remodeling, plus custom-built decks, porches, additions and homes.
Ongoing dedication, education and work experience keeps Wuensch on the leading edge of the construction business.
His recent designation of Certified Aging in Place Specialist through the National Association of Home Builders ensures he is prepared to tackle the issues facing many baby boomers as they consider their existing living space and future independence.
As a member of the Minnesota Home Builders Association and National Association of Remodelers Industry, Wuensch Construction stays on top of the latest code issues, attending continuing education classes every year. He also stays informed of the latest trends in remodeling and new homes through team designers and partners.
The company is a Certified Lead Safe Firm, achieved through the Environmental Protection Agency. When work is done in homes pre-1978, the company makes sure every person living and working there is safe from lead poisoning.
Wuensch started his work experience in the building industry in 1978 when he joined the carpenter’s union. Working during the day, he found time to attend night school at Minneapolis Technical College and became a Certified Carpenter Journeyman through the State of Minnesota.
Over the years, Wuensch completed other construction and business related courses to help achieve a successful business.
“We strive to give our customers the best value for their dollar and our No. one priority is customer satisfaction,” said Wuensch. “We have a track record of constantly achieving or exceeding our customer’s expectations.”
The company is involved with the local Excelsior community as a member of the Excelsior-Lake Minnetonka Chamber of Commerce. Wuensch volunteers for local events and offers support to other small businesses in the community.
Call for an in-house appointment at 952-322-0508.
Wuensch Construction ran this ad in Chanhassen, Chaska, Excelsior, Shorewood, Eden Prairie.
Homeowners Spring Home Repair Tips
Yes finally, the first day of spring at Wuensch Construction and it might not seem like that now in Minnesota, but spring is in the air and temperatures will be warming up and soon will be time to think about spring home repairs. Your house might have had some damage from over the winter months, like ice damaging, snow removal or winter winds. Here are a few spring homeowners’ tips
1) Ceiling repairs caused from ice damming – If you have minor brown or yellow staining on your ceiling from ice damming from the winter months follow these steps. Paint over the stained area with a lacquer stain sealer (regular paint will show the stain through or bleed threw) then repaint the entire ceiling. Call a professional to come out to diagnose the problem of ice damming and water leaking.
2) Look for shingle repairs – during the winter months, shingles might have blown off during a winter storm or a shingle could have been broken off during snow removal near the eves so follow these steps. Wait for a nice sunny spring day when all your snow is off your roof. Take a ladder only if you can do so safely and go on top of your roof to trouble shoot any spots that may need repair. If find any spots replace the shingle. If you do not want to get up on your roof, call a professional to inspect and repair your roof.
3) Windows – This is a good time to think about your old windows. If they are still a single pane windows think about replacing them with high efficient energy star windows before the air conditioning season starts to save money on your cooling bills.
4) Doors – If you have storm doors make sure they are in working condition. Check, your weather-stripping on your exterior doors to see if they are in good condition and if not replace it.
5) Caulking – Make sure all your windows, doors, siding and gaps are caulk to make a good sealed air barrier before this summer’s air conditioning season.
6) Eliminate water in your basement – keeping the basement dry is very important to stop the growth of mold. If you have a sump pump system, inspect it to make sure everything is working fine. If you do not have a system make sure, your yard grade slopes drains away from the house. If you have gutters and downspouts make sure that they not clogged with leaves or debris sometimes they become clogged up over the winter months and then in the spring they over flow and water pours in next to the foundation.
7) Service your furnace & air conditioner – Change your furnace filter before the cooling season starts it might have plug up with dust from the heating season. Check to make sure your outside coil on your condenser is free from dust and debris. If the coil is clogged, pressure spray it off with water using a water sprayer nozzle.
Happy Saint Patrick’s Day from all of us at Wuensch Construction.
5 Design Trends in Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling for 2013
Wuensch Construction has seen a vast variety of changes in design trends over the past 30 years in kitchen remodeling, bathroom remodeling. Designing trends change from year to year and keeping up with is it is hard to do. At Wuensch Construction, we work together with designers, show rooms and team partners to stay on top of what is trending and what is not. We explore articles from trade and design magazines to keep us informed and share the trends with or co-worker and team partners. Wuensch Construction wants to share these trends with our readers so they can be informed when they come to do their next project. So we picked the top 5 kitchen and bathroom remodeling trends you will see 2013.
1) White painted cabinetry has become very popular and will stay on top for cabinet finishes. Blending dark, light and natural finishes together is gaining popularity.
2) Glass backsplashes has grown popular over the past few years with will be top in 2013.
3) LED lighting has grown in popularity as consumer awareness of energy efficiency and alternative green lighting has risen in the past 3 years.
4) Pull out faucets stay in top position with pot filler faucets comes in second in 2013. Touch-activated faucets are growing in popularity as consumer awareness of efficiency with water consumption.
5) When it comes to faucets, appliances in the kitchen Satin Nickel has been on top for the last couple of years and will stay on top for 2013.
1) White and off-white remain the top color schemes for bathroom remodels with beige coming in second.
2) Granite is the most used counter surface material use and remain on top with Quartz coming in close second.
3) Under-mount sinks remains the most popular type used in bathrooms.
4) Transitional styles bathroom are still on top but we are seeing a blend of transitional and contemporary growing in popularity.
5) Ceramic/porcelain tile flooring remains the most popular of all materials with stone coming in at a close second.
Wuensch Construction is a remodeling contractor, new home contractor based out of Excelsior Minnesota is a proud member of Excelsior – Lake Minnetonka Chamber Of Commerce. This St. Patrick’s Day weekend in Excelsior the chamber is presenting The First Annual “Luck O’ The Lake” 5K run on Saturday March 16th. The race begins at 9:am and there is a pre-registration fee of $25.00 and day of the race fee of $35.00. This event is benefitting Annual Chamber Programs and if you want more information about the race call Laura Hotvet the Chamber Director, at 952-474-6461. When you are in town don’t forget to shop at our local shops, bars and restaurants and if you ever need any remodeling projects done don’t forget to give us a call Wuensch Construction, your local remodeling contractor and new home contractor.
This client in Minneapolis, Minnesota had no bathroom in his un-finish basement so they called Wuensch Construction based out of Excelsior Minnesota to design a bathroom. Wuensch Construction designed this 3/4 Bathroom with a shower, water closet, vanity and linen cabinet for storage. If your thinking of remodeling a bathroom give Wuensch Construction a call and see what we can design for you.